Do you see your Analytics visitor numbers rising but not your sales? May you not be able to get your customers to buy a second one?
Whatever the case, using the same strategy will solve it all: email marketing.
If you’re unable to see clearly what the advantages of sending emails to your clients are, you don’t know how to describe your plan, or you don’t know how to get a subscriber first, this is the post for you.
Thanks to email today, we will turn your subscribers into customers.
In this blog article, you will be able to read everything matters to E-Mail marketing.
Topics to be covered,
- What is email marketing?
- When and Why You Should Use Email Marketing?
- Top Advantages and disadvantages of email marketing
- 3 Main types of email marketing.
- How to Build Your Email List
- Setting up your Email Program in 5 Steps
- How to set up email marketing – Practical Session (Video)
- What to Do and What Not to Do in successful email marketing
- Comparison between best Email Marketing Services
Read the full article to get total benefit from E-Mailil marketing.
What is email marketing?
If we adhere to the definition, email marketing is simply the act of using email to communicate with customers. As you can imagine, however, this word means far more than what the mere meaning tells us.
Getting a subscription list is something extremely important for any online company, and obviously, for an online store. But why, then?
What you actually do while you are getting a subscriber is turning the person who visits your shop into a potential repeat customer.
The secret to e-commerce email marketing is that email is one of the strongest platforms for a customer to connect with. Think it for a second: how many times are you checking your email each day?
About 3 hours? Any hour? Any 15 minutes?
Right! And however weird it may sound, the majority of us are addicted to our phones. So much so that 40 percent of people state that the first thing they do in the morning is to check their email according to this America Online survey.
While many find it outdated to use this e-commerce method, the fact is that it is indeed one of the best strategies for growing the sales around.
When and Why You Should Use Email Marketing?
There are several ways to use email marketing — some of the most common include using the techniques to:
- Generate leads: Encourage subscribers to add their personal information in return for an asset they might consider valuable.
- Product marketing: Advertise your goods and services.
- Cultivating leads: Inspire your clients with material that will help them achieve their goals.
- Create relationships: Build connections through personalized communication.
- Raise brand awareness: Keep your business and services up-to-date for the moment your prospects are able to interact.
- Promote your content: Share related blog content or valuable assets with your chances via email.
Top Advantages and disadvantages of email marketing
It’s likely you just think about how to increase your sales. However, emailing has several other advantages:
- Cost: The free version of any email marketing program would be appropriate when you first start and you only have a limited list.
- Control: both of these software has a section on statistics so you can track the progress and impact of every campaign.
- Automation: You can build predetermined email sequences (also called autoresponders). That is, it instantly sells without you having to do anything.
- Return On Investment(ROI): the average email ROI in e-commerce is 122 percent, according to an eMarketer survey. This figure positions it in a way that is higher than other emerging approaches.
- Loyalty: knowing the customer’s email address gives you the chance to connect with them regularly, but neglect only to send commercial emails. You’ll need to add meaning if you want to win their loyalty.
- SPAM: A lot of email campaigns end up going to the spam inbox folder because most of spam filters invalidate them automatically.
- Huge Cost if you have a bigger list: You’ll have to pay as soon as you get a bigger list of subscribers. You’ll also have to pay for a more basic feature if you want to.
- Saturation: Inboxes for many people are complete. That means your campaigns would have to contend with hundreds of other emails already received by your clients.
- Poor image: for a long time, many e-commerce email marketing was all about giving their customers loads of business information. This history has led many people to delete any email that comes from a store immediately.
While this segment of drawbacks has many points, it is clear that email marketing is effective for sales. An online business that is not looking for subscribers is wasting one of the best available resources.
3 Main types of email marketing.
Newsletter campaigns are campaigns that are regularly sent out to your email subscribers. It may be on a regular, weekly, or even bi-monthly basis. Such types of ads can provide specifics of any relevant posts, product information, or sales you choose to advertise.
- Auto Responder
Auto Responder campaigns are a collection of emails sent to any person who has signed up for your offer.
- Other Peoples Email Marketing Campaigns
This one is self-explanatory; there are other ways to be used in the email marketing campaign for someone else. You’re going to pay the sender sometimes, and sometimes you can only earn your place in their campaign. Perhaps you’ve written a fantastic article they’d like to use, or you’ve got complimentary service. Getting included in someone else’s email campaign will boost traffic to your website and can help you land some new customers.
How to Build Your Email List
So, firstly, how do you get customer emails? It’s about offering something to the customers in return for their email; that’s what makes it a compelling deal.
Below are some of our ideas for organically and efficiently raising the mailing list.
- Giveaways and sweepstakes.
Customers want to make things better! Something free in their books is alright.
That’s why many e-commerce shops hold sweepstakes and giveaways to sign up for more email subscribers. When they have to send their email to qualify to win, they’re going to do so, and you’re getting the advantage of a wider email list.
- Abandonments by carts.
You can set up a cart abandonment program which will take email details from a customer before they leave your Checkout Online Store. And send them a follow-up to remind them of their ride, provide a discount on their order, or give feedback on their favorite items.
Build an opt-in form on your website that enables users to fill in to sign up for the newsletter from your store. When you plan to offer value — discounts, services, or free products — to your customers that are only available by email, you’ll get customers to sign up left and right.
Making signup a priority is the secret to a successful email opt-in. For better results, we suggest putting it on a popup or at the bottom of your screen.
- Customer Details.
Customers can provide the site with email information for order updates. This can be abused by connecting such emails to your marketing activities.
Make sure you have a clearly defined opt-out zone in this case.
Setting up your Email Program in 5 Steps
Understand what makes your e-commerce company important, it’s time to go into the specifics of setting up your email program.
The good news is it’s not as hard as you think. You can start sending successful emails to your online store customers in just five stages.
- Start fetching emails.
You cannot send emails without drawing up an email list first.
One of the simple ways to do this is to add a signup form to your website and a popup button. There are many ways to do this and different pros and cons of both, but in any case, the fuller the list, the more future and existing clients you can attract with your marketing and promotional materials.
- Stretch the lists.
When you have your chart, it needs to be broken down into different parts according to your marketing goals.
Of example, you’ll want an email section of:
- Returning users
- Consumer preferences
- Demographics like age, gender, and location
- New subscribers
- Highly active subscribers
- Lead magnets like eBook downloads, webinars, free samples, etc.
- Design your email template
Nobody wants to read an email that is poorly crafted. It goes straight into the trash bin.
Instead, we create an innovative and appealing email using one of their models using one of the email marketing integrations
- A short but helpful summary
- Stunning graphics
- Convincing calls to action (CTAs)
- An appealing subject line
- A customized greeting
- A/B Testing
In most cases, you won’t be effective on the first go-around in your email marketing. It will get some practices and A / B checking, as with most stuff.
A lot of email marketing providers offer the ability to check which emails are most effective based on design, topic lines, sections, time-sent, and more. The key is to test A / B one feature at a time before moving on to the next to ensure you understand each variable’s impact correctly.
- Review results.
Once you have completed your A / B test and feel you have the best possible email marketing campaign, it is time to review the results.
Look at such things as your Click-Through Rate (CTR), Open Rate, Open Links, Conversions, and much more to see what you need to strengthen next time.
How to set up email marketing – Practical Session
What to Do and What Not to Do in successful email marketing
- Expand your email list in a high-quality way
- By sending an appreciative welcome email keeping your company in mind.
- Provide powerful pre-header text
- Segment your list by category
- Get personal personalized theme
- Using marketing automation to receive the right email at the right time, based on their consumer travel location.
- Use dynamic content
- Double-check every aspect of your email
- Use your reporting in analytics (behavior, observations and so on)
- Buy an email list on the internet that is not valued and waste money
- Forget pre-header text (Don’t) send the same email to anyone who will make more unsubscribes
- Send disconnected one-off emails
- Use the same pictures and copy for every subscriber
- Send disconnected one-off emails
Comparison between best Email Marketing Services
After reading this nice article I hope you get a fuller understanding of E-Mail Marketing.
So, why do you wait?
Start growing your business or get more traffic to your website by doing E-Mail Marketing Campaigns.
Comment below your thoughts regarding this article.
See you again in the next article
Have a nice day.!