If you also like to listen to podcasts and want to start your Podcast, then this article of ours is special for you because, in today’s article, we will tell you how you can create podcasts on Spotify. In today’s time, the number of people listening to podcasts has increased a lot, the number of podcast users is increasing rapidly in India and abroad. So let’s start this article of ours today and know how to make a Podcast?
What is Podcast?
The Podcast is a type of blogging, just as we write a blog or write an article, then share it to reach people, in the same way, Podcast is done. The only difference is that in podcasts, we save the information in audio format, and after sharing it, our users can listen to it with the help of their mobile or computer. Through podcasts, people can easily share their thoughts and information.
How to make Podcast?
- Understand your need
Before making any podcast, you have to understand why you want to make any podcast and what topic your Podcast will be based on. After this, you have to choose a topic or topic for your Podcast, and if you want, you can start a podcast on any topic like Current Affairs, History, Rules, etc. If you want, you can browse the existing podcasts and see how podcasts can be made on the topic you want to make podcasts. Now you have to give a name to your Podcast.
- Select Podcast Format
Some podcasts have stories, and some podcasts have interviews. You have to decide in which format you want to make your Podcast. While choosing the format for your Podcast, you should keep in mind that you should choose the format you are comfortable with. Following are some formats of podcasts.
1. Interview Podcast
2. Scripted Non-Fiction
3. News Recap
4. Educational Podcasts
5. Scripted Fiction
After this, you have to determine the duration of your Podcast episodes. Most of the episodes are 20 to 30 minutes. Your podcast episodes should be long enough for your users to feel comfortable.
- Recording Tools and Software for Podcasts
If you want, you can also record the Podcast through your phone, but one thing you have to keep in mind is that the information you tell in the Podcast is the life of your Podcast. With good content, if you have done recording with good recording Equipment, your users get a lot of pleasure in listening to your Podcast. There are many Recording Equipment available in the market to buy them according to you.
Now that you have recorded your Podcast, it is your turn to make some edits and adjustments to it, and you can do this very easily through Podcast Editing Software.
Podcast on Spotify
Spotify is currently the most popular audio streaming platform globally, with over 356 million users in more than 178 countries. If you have a podcast or want to make a podcast, then through Spotify, you can reach your Podcast to millions of people worldwide. Spotify never hosts podcasts, meaning you can’t directly upload your Podcast to the Spotify app. You will have to submit your Podcast by going to a hosting platform, and through this, your Podcast will be visible on Spotify and other platforms.
After uploading its first episode, you have to create your Podcast and publish it on a hosting platform. After this, the hosting platform automatically uploads your future episodes to Spotify and other audio streaming platforms.
Choose Hosting Platform
Although there are many hosting platforms available at this time, all of them do not automatically upload your Podcast to Spotify, so before choosing any hosting platform, first, get information about it. The best hosting platforms are Anchor, Buzzsprout, Simplecast, and Acast. These hosting platforms are great for all those who are starting their Podcast.
Podcast On Spotify By Using Anchor
You can use Anchor Hosting Platform to bring your Podcast on Spotify. Let us know how you can do this.
- First of all, you have to download Anchor App on your phone, or if you want, you have to visit www.anchor.fm.
- After that, you have to create your account and upload the first episode of your Podcast.
- Now upload your channel name, description, and channel art.
- After this, you have to click on Publish Now. Now you have to write the name and description of your Podcast and finally click on Publish My Podcast.
- You can see the distribution status of your Podcast the next day, and when your Podcast is approved, within a few hours or a day, your Podcast starts appearing on Spotify and other audio platforms.
- Now, after this, anytime you upload a new episode of your Podcast on the hosting platform, it automatically starts appearing in Spotify in 10 minutes.
Upload Podcast By RSS Feed Link
Suppose you do not want any hosting platform to upload your Podcast episodes to Spotify automatically. In that case, you can also upload your Podcast episodes to Spotify through RSS Feed Link.
- First of all, go to your hosting platform and copy the RSS Feed link from there.
- Now https://podcasters.spotify.com/.
- Now create your account there, click on Three Dots present on the top left corner, and click on Add or Claim Your Podcast.
- Now paste the RSS Feed link and click on Next.
- A verification code will come from Spotify on your email id, and you will have to enter that code. Apart from this, after filling in other information, click on Next.
- Now you will be able to upload your Podcast to Spotify.