Many people begin their blogging careers with BlogSpot, and this is a smart move for a complete rookie. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Once you’ve mastered the basics of blogging, your next step should be to transfer to WordPress from Blogger. BlogSpot may not be the best option for your long-term career as you become more familiar with blogging.
There is less control over your blog’s SEO. It’s possible to lose your BlogSpot blog at any time, as Google reserves the right to delete or ban any BlogSpot site for a breach of its policies.
Migrate from BlogSpot to WordPress
Step 1: Get a domain name and Webhosting account.
Step 2: Export your BlogSpot blog
Step 3: Import it into WordPress.
Step 4: A new WordPress blog’s permalinks are set up in this step.
Step 5: 301 redirect from Blogger to WordPress
Step 1: Obtaining Web Hosting
WordPress migration begins with choosing a site hosting company.
Hostinger offers a 99.9 percent uptime guarantee, 24/7 support, and unique optimizations to optimize WordPress speed in its hosting plans.
Here’s how to use Hostinger’s WordPress hosting services.
1: Go to the WordPress hosting page and sign up.
2: Select the plan you want and click the Add to Cart button.
3: Additional services like daily backups can be added to the shopping cart. Then click Checkout Now.
4: Create a new Hostinger account or sign in if you already have one.
5. Choose a payment option and finish the transaction.
Premium domains are free for the first year of a 12-month or longer Premium or Business subscription. Transferring an existing domain to Hostinger is also an option.
The panel has been installed. Therefore we can now install WordPress.
- Select Manage in the panel’s Hosting menu.
- Select the Auto Installer in the Websites section.
- Click the Install button after selecting WordPress and filling out all the necessary information.
Step 2: Transfer Your Site’s Data One-by-One
Your site’s Content should now be transferred to WordPress manually.
1. Go to Settings -> Other in the Blogger Dashboard.
2. Back up Content -> Save to your computer is an option in the Import and back up section. You can expect the XML file to be downloaded to your device automatically.
3. Go to Tools -> Import in the WordPress Dashboard.
4. Run the Importer by selecting Install Now, then pick Blogger.
5. Press the Choose File button on the Import Blogger page.
6. Upload the XML file that you saved before.
7. You’ll be taken to the page where you can assign authors. Click Submit after you’re finished entering your details.
Congratulations. Posts, comments, and categories from your old Blogger blog can be imported onto your new WordPress site. Last but not least, diverting your traffic is the final step.
Step 3: Use a Plugin to Redirect Your Traffic
Having your old site redirect to your new one is the most critical step in keeping your SEO. Blogger to WordPress Redirection is the WordPress plugin we’ll use in this tutorial.
Step 4: Set up your WordPress permalinks like that of Blogger.
1.Navigate to the WordPress Dashboard -> Permalinks section.
2. Select the month and name in the Common Settings section.
3.It is time to press the Save Changes button.
Step 5: Let’s get the redirection process started now:
1.The Blogger to WordPress Redirection plugin can be installed and activated from the WordPress dashboard’s plugins area.
2.You will find it under “Tools -> Redirection from Blogger to WordPress.”
3.Start the Configuration button to open the list of blogs. Click Get Code after that. Take a copy of the created code.
4.Head to your Blogger Dashboard -> Theme and select the theme that you want to use.
5. Click Revert to classic themes at the bottom of the page. You should back up your old Blogger theme before inputting the code in case something goes wrong.
6.In Edit Theme HTML, select all of the created code and click Save Theme.
7.You may check if the redirection works by returning to the Blogger To WordPress Redirection page and selecting Verify Configuration. In the Test Cases section, click the Blogger link.
It is also necessary to reroute your Blogger site’s RSS feed if you have any subscribers.
1.Get to your Blogger Dashboard by clicking “Settings” and “Other.”
2.Select Post Feed Redirect URL and click Add next to it.
3.Put the URL of your WordPress feed into this field.
To expand your blog, you need to move from Blogger to WordPress, which has more and better functionality than Blogger. Transferring traffic and SEO analytics is a delicate process that must not be overlooked while making a move. To complete your blog setup, read their tutorial on how to start a blog for the post-migration stages.